Finalist Head of School candidates visit St. George’s

Photo: Anna Marie Beard

Two finalist candidates will be visiting St. George’s before the final selection occurs. The search process has been going on since September, when current Head Bill Taylor announced he would be departing at the end of the school year.

UPDATE: The Board of Trustees will come to a decision regarding whether to hire one of the two candidates, continue searching, or to delay the search until 2015 on Wednesday, December 17th.

The two finalist candidates for the Head of School position will be coming to St. George’s from Thursday, December 11th, to Tuesday, December 16th.

The first candidate will be at the Memphis and Germantown campuses on Thursday and the Collierville campus on Friday. The second candidate will be at the Germantown and Collierville campuses on Monday and the Memphis campus on Tuesday.

This event closely follows the conclusion of the semifinalist round last week, in which the seven semifinalist candidates came to visit the school. The two finalist candidates will spend time at each campus with a forum of parents and alumni and a forum of faculty members, as well as have lunch with a group of students at the Collierville campus. The Search and Advisory Committees will then decide which candidate should be recommended to the Board of Trustees for the position of St. George’s next Head of School.