President William Taylor announces last year at St. George’s

President+Taylor+addressing+the+entire+Collierville+student+body+and+faculty+in+chapel.+He+announced+his+resignation+after+serving+nine+years+as+school+president.+

Photo: Juliana Wall '15

President Taylor addressing the entire Collierville student body and faculty in chapel. He announced his resignation after serving nine years as school president.

On The morning of September 29, 2014, the entire Collierville campus assembled in McNeill gym, where President William Taylor announced his leaving after this 2014-2015 year.

Since his appointment as School President in 2006, he has served over all three campuses with over 1200 students and grades pre-kindergarten to twelfth grade.

“I’m letting you know today that it is very difficult to tell you that this year will be my last year at St. George’s,” said Taylor in his speech Monday morning.

After the Class of 2015 graduates, Taylor will step down from his position to return to be headmaster of Trinity Pawling Episcopal School in New York.

“Here [St. George’s], I was given the opportunity of a lifetime as an educator to help build something and I will be forever grateful to Mr. Ferguson, the board, trustees and un unbelievable student body who have given me that opportunity,” said Taylor.

Most students and faculty had no idea of this decision prior to the announcement.

“Seniors, May 17, we will graduate together,” said Taylor in his closing.