Upper school previews “Seussical the Musical”

Photo: Juliana Wall

Senior Murry Goldberg, who plays Horton the Elephant, sings along with freshman Emma Pounders (not pictured) for their performance of “Notice Me, Horton.” Characters Thing 1, Thing 2, and the Cat In the Hat also dressed in costume for the chapel and introduced the performance while in character.

In a recent upper school chapel, students got a sneak peek of “Seussical the Musical” that will be performed at the Germantown campus next week. Junior Allie Harbert as the Cat In the Hat, sixth-grader Jack Vento as Thing One, seventh-grader Maggie Emmendorfer as Thing Two, freshman Emma Pounders as Gertrude McFuzz and senior Murry Goldberg as Horton the Elephant dressed in their costumes and performed “Notice Me, Horton,” a musical number from the show.

Overall, students and faculty reacted to the performance with enthusiasm.

“My favorite part was definitely the intricate costumes. I’m excited to go see the rest of the performances!” said sophomore Elizabeth Evans.

“Please come out and support these wonderful performers. You may think, ‘Seussical? That’s a little kid’s show!’ But it’s a wonderful musical, and yes, it’s appropriate for your younger siblings. I know that you’ll have a great time if you come and see the show,” said Director of Theatre Arts Mr. Marques Brown.

“Seussical the Musical” will be performed at the Germantown campus chapel on November 14th and 15th at seven-thirty p.m. and November 16th at four p.m. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for students, and free for St. George’s students who bring a canned good donation for the Mid-South Food Bank.