Producitons leap into Seussical with auditions

Photo: Nathan Weinreich

Students showcase their singing voices with Dennis Whitehead for the first part of their audition. All auditionees sang together to test their harmonies, and some were asked to do solos for further evaluation.

The production of Seussical the Musical is officially underway as both middle and upper school students auditioned on September 8 and 9.

Because this is the first collaborative production of the two divisions since 2009, the St. George’s theater troupe, known as the Producitons, divided the audition process into two days, devoting one for younger students and the other for the older. Participants showcased both their singing and acting abilities in their audition, and unlike auditions for the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, last fall’s musical, all students auditioned together rather than having allotted time slots.

Marques Brown, the director of the upcoming musical, emphasized that callbacks would not be necessary for this particular show, and the official cast list is expected to be posted on the theater bulletin board, located outside of the choir room, this Friday.

Performances for Seussical the Musical will be held on November 14 through 16, with times to be announced.