Winter spirit week draws near

Photo: Emily Persons

The Student Senate has announced a winter dance called Winter Palooza. They hope to have around 300 people attend.

As winter sports are in their prime time while they prepare for state championships, a winter spirit week like never before is upon the student body.

The upper school spirit “week” will consist of Friday, January 30, Monday, February 2, and Tuesday, February 3. Friday’s theme is ski bunny and sno-bro, Monday’s is famous duos, trios and groups, and Tuesday is college day.

The polar plunge is also taking place on January 30, which hosts a jump into a local lake. Currently, Mr. Chris Miller, Mr. Andre Lott, and Mr. Dennis Whitehead are in the running for taking the first jump.

However, most students are more excited for the Winter Palooza dance this Saturday, January 31. The dance will be hosted at Stop 345 from 8 to 11:30pm. Tickets will be sold during lunch on Wednesday through Friday of this week for $15, and for the first time, busses will be available to take students from the school to Stop 345 and back.

The dance is being funded by the Student Senate in order to increase spirit and excitement for winter sports.

“We really wanted to give some credit to winter sports that often feel like they don’t get as much attention as the fall sports,” said Student Senate President Hallie Gillam. Gillam said that she hopes to have at least 300 people in attendance at Winter Palooza, as well as a large participation in spirit week.