Feel the rainbow

Middle school students participate in school-led color run

The eighth grade class throws their last batch of colored starch at the middle school color run. Students got to throw yellow, pink, green, and purple colored starches at their friends.

Middle school students participated in a Boosterthon, or “color run,” on Friday, September 25 where they got to throw colored starch at their friends.

As apart of the Parent’s Association’s annual fundraising event, they decided this year to hold a Boosterthon, according to head of the middle school Ms. Lori Williamson.

Students ran around in circles while teachers and their friends threw various colors of starch on them, including yellow, pink, green and purple.

“I have never seen anything like that before in my life,” artist-in-residence Mr. Andre Miller said. “It looks like [the students] had a lot of fun.”

Depending on how many pledges students got throughout the seven days prior to the event, they could earn prizes.

“If you were someone who had a lot of pledges, you earned color to throw on your friends,” Ms. Williamson said. Teachers were also eligible to throw color on the students, but students weren’t allowed to throw color back at them.

Students had mixed feelings towards the Boosterthon event.

“If you didn’t want color on you, you still got color on you and it was hard to get off,” eighth-grader Moriah Crum said.

“It was really fun, probably the best school event ever,” eighth-grader Kayley Crews said.