The student voice of St. George's Independent School.

The Lodge

The Lodge

The Lodge

Cary Robbins

Cary Robbins, Editor

Photo: Callie Hollis

When Cary Robbins is not in school at St. George’s, she is an advocate for gun safety laws. She actively participates in protests for the cause, and the wristbands in the pictured photo represent her beliefs and causes she supports. She has been writing feature stories for The Lodge since her sophomore year in high school and plans to continue doing so during her senior year while helping newer staff members. When she isn’t in Memphis, she enjoys going to Austin, Texas, where she loves to go paddle boarding.

All content by Cary Robbins
This illustration depicts a crack or divide between two contrasting backgrounds. People who live in once redlined neighborhoods are continuing to feel a separation from society and being able to obtain equal opportunities.

Where Do You Draw the Line?

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
April 21, 2020
This illustration depicts the huge pandemic that has spread around the world. Coronavirus has effected people in many different ways.

Is the United States Prepared for the Pandemic?

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
April 5, 2020
Angel Moms stand at activist Mrs. Stacie Paynes Silence the Violence Stop Gun Violence Rally with a picture of their loved who unfortunately died due to gun violence. These people stood up in a room full of people to tell their loved ones stories.

The Legends Who Go Unheard

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
March 27, 2020
Junior Dariya Jones has a hand over her mouth, trying to cover up her words. In the article, Jones describes what she has the right to say.

What You Say

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
March 20, 2020
This infographic shows where students will be serving on the day of Gryph Giving. Students will be going out to serve and give back to their community on Feb. 5, 2020.

Serving the Backbone to Our Society

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
January 29, 2020
Bryan Stevensons Just Mercy has now been adapted into a movie. His story, defending people on death row, has been a regular feature on the St. Georges reading list.

May Justice Be Served in 2020

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
January 14, 2020
The St. George’s Choir participates in the St. George’s Art Show held on Nov. 9. The chorus members performed a new song in which they used hand gestures for expression.

Groove with the St. George’s Chorus

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
January 8, 2020
Eighth grader Jennifer Lopez poses looking through her locker. In the whirl of 
everyday school life, students can feel overlooked.

Stop and Listen

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
January 7, 2020
Dr. Ernest RIP Patton speaks at the Al Neuharth Free Spirit Conference in the summer 19. He talked about being a freedom rider in the 1960s.

It is Our Turn

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
November 29, 2019
The Senior Dining Room is decorated with skeletons for Halloween. The Haunted Hallway would be decorated in the same fashion.

You’re Never Too Old to Celebrate Halloween

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
October 29, 2019
National Hispanic Heritage Month is celebrated Sept. 15-Oct. 15. Students of St. Georges are encouraging the celebration of hispanic culture.

Celebrating Our Culture

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
October 9, 2019
Jacquavious Pryor

Jacquavious Pryor

Cary Robbins, Editor
May 11, 2019
Senior Aiden Tanzer, junior Thandie Boudreaux, senior Deaubranice Garrett, and Mr. Bill McClain are talking to Senior Austin Wall about his SIS project. For his SIS project, Wall helped with the construction of a youth building with his church for three months.

Juniors on the Rise

Cary Robbins, Editor
April 30, 2019
I chose my word because society over-sexualizes black women at a very young age, more than they do any other race. - Kennadee Carlton

Colors You Can’t Ignore

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
April 1, 2019
Juniors Anna Larizza, Silas Rhodes, Natalie Murrah and Sarah McDonald present their proposal to their classmates and heads of school. They hoped the restructuring of electives would make more available earlier in high school students’ careers.

Leaving Our Legacy

Cary Robbins, Editor of Feature Stories
March 1, 2019
Mr. Smothers poses in the desert of Saudi Arabia, showing his joy even during Desert Storm. Waiting to be deployed into Iraq, Mr. Smothers had to make his own fun with his platoon.

Together We Serve

Cary Robbins, Editor
December 21, 2018
The St. Georges group shows their spirit during the St. Judes Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer. An unprecedented crowd showed up this year to support the cause.

Let’s Do It For The Jude

Cary Robbins, Editor
September 27, 2018
Senior Bryan Payne speaks out about the death of his brother at the March for Our Lives rally in downtown Memphis on March
24. Payne was one of many who spoke about how gun violence has affected the lives of those who live in the Memphis community.

Voices of the fight

Cary Robbins, Reporter
May 17, 2018
The cast of Youre a Good Man, Charlie Brown performs the song Happiness the last day of the show. The cast has been practicing for this musical since December.

Good grief, Charlie Brown!

Cary Robbins, Reporter
February 13, 2018
Maggie Murphy holds up a flag for St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital during the St. Jude 5K race of 2017. This year, St. Georges had the most participants from the school come to the race and support Team Carson and Adams Army.

The saints come marching in

Cary Robbins, Reporter
February 9, 2018
Load More Stories

Comments (0)

Online comments will be approved prior to appearing on the website. The editorial board reserves the right to remove online comments that violate any of the following rules:

1. Comments must have a verifiable first and last name and email address.

2. Comments may not bully, belittle, or make ad hominem attacks.

3. Comments may not purposefully distract from the subject at hand.

4. Comments may not be used to advertise.

All The Lodge Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest