Hundreds of colleges, one choice

St. George’s students attend the Greater Memphis National College Fair

A+college+rep+speaks+to+a+student.+At+the+Great+Memphis+National+College+Fair%2C+St.+Georges+students+learned+about+their+college+options.+

Photo: Annie Murff

A college rep speaks to a student. At the Great Memphis National College Fair, St. George’s students learned about their college options.

If you drove by Agricenter International last Monday, you would have noticed more cars than usual filling its parking lots. St. George’s students and other students from the Memphis area had the opportunity to attend the annual Greater Memphis National College Fair.

St. George’s has been an active participant in the Great Memphis National College Fair for the past 11 years, which means that St. George’s has been involved with the fair since the Collierville campus’ founding.

Each year, approximately 100 schools attend, but this year about 120 schools attended, which made it one of the largest in the fair’s history.

“[The fair] is a great opportunity to collect information from schools you might have otherwise never heard of,” Director of College Guidance Mr. Timothy Gibson said. “Just because you have not heard of a school does not mean it might not be a great school for you.”

If you missed out on this college fair, fear not. This coming spring, Associate Director of College Guidance Ms. Jessica Hardy will be hosting another fair, which will be much bigger according to her.

Keep a look out for emails from Team College Guidance regarding future fairs and college visits to St. George’s!